Your child has a copy of the following letter in their homework folder! See you all on Wednesday!!!!
Here is a link to a blog that gives a "How to" explanation on how to make a shoe box Mardi Gras float. Remember, the float must represent your child's mythological character. Also, students only need enough throws for their HOMEROOM class, so at least 23. Please email Mrs. Showalter with any questions at email@example.com. I hope this blog helps!
Congratulations to our fifth week "winners" in the 4th grade MARDI GRAS King Cake incentive: Adelaide O'Neal (Boudreaux), Luella Brown (Adkinson), and Zoya Syed (Showalter). We are continuing to second line our way through the carnival season with these fun filled 4th graders! Parents, please don't forget to send King Cake for your child's class the following week if they found the baby in their piece on Friday!!
Parents of 4th grade Girl Scouts,
This is a reminder that there is no Meeting today after school, February 15th, 2019.
-Ms. Adkinson and Mrs. Perrett
Students need to have a personal copy of The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan on Tuesday, February, 19th. I have a few copies from the library, so please let me know if you need to borrow one. Thank you!
A couple of questions have just been brought to my attention and I want to clarify a few items.
1) The "Inspiration" guidelines were left off of your child's original packet and only referred to on the Project Board Rubric, so I am including that information below.
2) All students are required to have a "Project Board" not a poster board. Project boards are tri-fold boards that you would see in a science or social studies fair. I have no specific dimensions that are required, just make sure that the board is large enough for all required pieces to be placed on the board.
3) I would prefer that all things (except the illustration and family tree) be typed. If you do not have a printer, your child may hand write their pieces, but it has to be done on copy paper and in a pen or marker. In other words, no lined paper and pencil.
4) Your child has access to their timeline that they created in class. They can log into their Google account at home and print it from there. They have saved them in their Google Docs.
5) Costumes are mandatory, but you do not need to buy something expensive or buy it at all. A homemade costume is just as amazing as one that has been purchased.
6) Your child should wear their costume to school on the day of the Wax Museum. They must also bring a school uniform to change into after the Wax Museum. They will not be allowed to stay in their costumes after it has concluded.
7) All family members are welcome and encouraged to come to the Wax Museum! Please note that the Wax Museum is from 9 am until 10:30 am on Wednesday, February 20th!!! Students will have early dismissal on that day at 12:45 pm.
I hope that this information helps!
:) Ms. A
Congratulations to our fourth week "winners" in the 4th grade MARDI GRAS King Cake incentive: Khristian Patin (Boudreaux), Lasynn Kador (Adkinson), and Isaac Lathers (Showalter)! We are still continuing to embrace and enjoy our culture during carnival season with these fun filled 4th graders! Parents, please don't forget to send King Cake for your child's class this week IF they found the baby in their piece!
If you have signed your daughter up for our exciting Girl Scout troop, please check out the SignUp Genius to choose your snack date and/or volunteer date. Thank you for allowing your daughter to be a part of our troop!
Congratulations to our third week "winners" in the 4th grade MARDI GRAS King Cake incentive: Taniyah Porter (Adkinson), Amaris Johnson (Boudreaux), and Emma Brown (Showalter)! We had a blast continuing carnival season with these fun filled 4th graders! Parents, please don't forget to send King Cake for your child's class the following week IF they found the baby in their piece!!
Congratulations to our second week "winners" in the 4th grade MARDI GRAS King Cake incentive: Xavier Jordan (Showalter), Ruby Dupre (Boudreaux), and Kennedi Roberson (Adkinson)! We had a blast continuing carnival season off with these fun filled 4th graders! Parents, please don't forget to send King Cake for your child's class the following week IF they found the baby in their piece!!